Booking & Payment:
All services must be pre-paid in full at the time of booking.
If you have any difficulty booking via the online booking system please contact us for assistance.
Cancellations & Rescheduling:
Appointments may be cancelled or rescheduled via the “Change/Cancel Appointment” button at the bottom of your confirmation email (as shown in the photo below) or by logging into your account.
To be eligible for a refund cancellations must occur at least 48 hours prior to the start of the scheduled appointment.
Appointments can be rescheduled up to 12 hours prior to the start of the scheduled appointment, without any additional fees.
Neither refunds nor rescheduling are available for missed appointments. An appointment will be considered a no show if the client is not present within 10 minutes of the start time and has not spoken with Maria prior to the appointment time.
In the event that a pet requires medical attention while in our care the client will be contacted immediately. If we are unable to reach the client or a designated emergency contact, in a timely manner, we reserve the right to make medical decisions on the client’s behalf for the care of the pet. Clients are responsible for any veterinary care costs incurred. If you have specific instructions in case of a medical emergency, please include them in your booking form or email us.
- If your dog is sick, has a communicable disease or illness they are not permitted to participate in in-person training sessions or walks. With your consent, we may inform your veterinarian of any health or severe behaviour concerns and work together to come up with a training plan to assist you and your pet. We may also need written confirmation from your veterinarian that your dog can safely return to training or walks.
- Bitches in heat are welcome to attend training sessions but may not participate in Buddy Walks.
- You must disclose if your dog has food allergies or is intact so that measures may be taken in an effort to reduce any potential risks, to your pet as well as other clients.
- All dogs must be up to date on necessary vaccines or have had a recent titre test. You assume all risks if you choose to not vaccinate your pet.
- Please consult your veterinarian to discuss recommended vaccinations.
- It is also recommended to discuss appropriate parasite control with your veterinarian, as fleas, ticks, etc are common in the Tri-City area.
Children are welcome to attend and participate in training sessions.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under the age of 10 may not be the primary leash handler in public spaces, but may be permitted to do so indoors or in a private secured yard.
- Children under 6 are required to have a dedicated care giver, in addition to the person handling the dog. This is so the handler can focus on the dog and skills/concepts being discussed.
Every effort will be made to get to client homes in all weathers; however, services may be changed, interrupted, altered, or cancelled due to environmental circumstances. Should any changes to service be required, clients will be notified of the day’s service availability by 8:30am. Clients will not be charged for services cancelled due to inclement weather or hazardous air quality.
At 25-29°C we do modified walks (slower pace, stay in the shade, find water for splashing in, and take several water drinking breaks).
At 30°C and above; Buddy Walks are cancelled but short potty walks and/or indoor enrichment will be offered, for any dogs who need it. Walk & Trains and In-Person Private Training Sessions will be moved to indoor locations when possible, depending on the needs of dog.
Pet safety is paramount, if you ever have concerns or feel it too hot out for your dog please contact us prior to your appointment so we can make the appropriate accommodations.
Equipment for Training Sessions:
Please have a secure flat collar with breakaway safety buckle or a harness, that does not restrict your dog’s range of motion, on your dog. Any other styles of collars will not be permitted during training sessions. A flat collar or Blue-9 Balance Harness may be provided for dogs, if needed.
Please use standard solid 4-6′ leash (i.e. nylon, leather, etc) for to private training sessions.
Flexi-leashes/extending leashes are not an appropriate style leash for training sessions. If needed, a solid leash can be provided.
Equipment for walks, including Walk & Trains:
Please provide a secure flat collar with breakaway safety buckle or a harness, that does not restrict your dog’s range of motion. Any other style collar will not be accepted. A Blue-9 Balance Harness may be provided for dogs, if needed.
An ID tag and City license must be attached to the collar or harness.
Leashes are not required as they will be provided.
A complete list of services and prices can be found here. Cost of services is subject to change.
All clients keys will be kept in a locked box when not in use. Keys will not be labeled with pets names or addresses for your privacy and security.
All client information will be kept private and confidential. We highly respect clients trusting us with the care of their home and pets.
In-person services are available in the Tri-Cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody). In-person bookings outside of these areas will be automatically cancelled and may result in a loss of fees paid.
Virtual services are available to clients in any geographic location.